Jumaat, 11 Ogos 2023

Air Mattress review | Family of six POV

Finding the right air mattress for our family was not as easy as it sounds. I've read many reviews. watched plenty youtube videos and yet, end up having 5 different types of them ðŸ¤ª



So, here’re my (family of six) POV 

1. Intex double thick air mattress

(Shop here : https://shope.ee/6pXeY74CDR )

This was one of the earliest air mattress that we have, long before we started camping . We use it especially during travel. Well, sometimes at home too. Santai santai depan tv ke.

Comes in a bag

Slide left to inflate, right to deflate. 

Fully inflated 


Pros

Comes with built in air pump (need to connect to power to function. no battery). Doesnt take much time to fully inflate. Its a nice mattress actually. Very comfy, nice material. 

Cons

It was too heavy for my liking. 

A bit bulky i must say. (because of the material i think)

Need power source to inflate.

And i doubt the durability. We have two of these. and both at first performed well, but after many times of uses, we need to re-inflate them the next day as they will become softer. Maybe there's air leak but its too troublesome to find that tiny hole on this thick mattress


2. Decathlon double air mattress

(Shop here : https://shope.ee/3AeMBUjdz8 )

Bought them for our first camping trip. We use Arpenaz Family 4 back then. The space inside the tent was limited and can only can fit two (120cm) double air mattress. 



Pros

Fast inflate

Strong and durable material. We've used them for months, well abused by the kids 😆 (all those jumping and tumpah everything ) but still standing strong.

Cons

I think mak mak (/most parents) can relate to my situation here . Sometimes i need to 'diam diam' get up from the mattress after the kids falls asleep without waking them up.. But i cant really move without making a sound 😮‍💨

The size. I should have bought the 140cm. Muat ke tak belakang kira. HAHAHA jkjk. Measure your tent before buying k

But overall, im satisfied with the quality. Its one of the mattress that i didnt regret buying. 


3. Mobi Garden self inflate sleeping pad

(Shop here : https://shope.ee/qGRPHUVaW )

Bought them because at some point, i cant stand air mattress. I'll be kinda dizzy if lying too long on it. And with the kids jumping around, making it worst. Thus i opt for a non air mattress that is easy to bring everywhere. 

Mine was the 3cm thickness. I bought the three people size which doesn't have the 6cm thickness  option. So it is what it is. My hubs and kids doesn't complained tho. But i've read somewhere people saying its too thin for them. For me, i have no issue with the thickness. Its like sleeping on Narita toto but more comfortable. Since the filling is foam.




Pros

Easy to inflate. Just open the valve, and leave them there to fluff.

Less anxious when the kids jumped on them. (aku selalu risau kalau tilam tu meletop bila diorang lompat 😆)

No dizziness

Won't disturbed anyone (on the mattress) when somebody move

Cons

A bit bulky when folded. Its not too big, but bigger than air mattress.


4. Mobi Garden portable Air Bed sleeping pad

(Shop here : https://s.lazada.com.my/s.TujLR?cc )

After some times, the self-inflate sleeping pad became irrelevant to us as it took much space inside the car. Especially during camping. We need to really fully utilize the space. Hence i bought this mobi garden air bed/ sleeping pad /air mattress. 








Mobi vs decathlon (thickness & valve)


Pro

It is the thinnest, lightest , comfortable air mattress that i've ever had ! 

With 12cm thickness, can easily inflated/deflated, very durable (well abused by my 4kiddos)

Compact size when folded

Surprisingly, didn't wiggle as much when someone moves (on the mattress) and less noise too!

Bonus : the color and design is pleasant to my eyes 💖

Cons

None for now


5. Mobi Garden Inflatable Bed Air mattress Double


Eventhough the previous 12cm model sounds perfect for us, after seeing other campers' tent setup in FC and AACM group on fb, my hands got itchy 

The 35cm air bed looks so nice, so pretty , very the insta worthy 

My judgement was clouded by those things

So *accidently bought one 🫣

At this point my husband started to call me, the queen of air mattress . 😑

Well, cant blame him tho 🤪

Anyway, here are my thoughts



Bukan tilam terbang 🤭 jemur jap. Lepas nak cari macam bocor guna air sabun


Pro

Compared to my intex mattress, the material is lighter and the size is more compact when folded. 

The color is nice

It looks nice

The top material feels smoother and softer on the skin. 


Cons

Its thick, thus the bounciness is not to my liking. 

I bought without the built in pump version, it tooks so long to fully inflated. 

After 3 times of usage, it started to “self-deflate” only after few hours.

I kinda dissappointed actually. I have high expectation for mobi garden brands. This was their first product that fails me. 

I asked seller about the self deflate thing but they said its normal. Just reinflate. 

Quoting my husband’s word , as a “queen of air mattress”   I am 200% sure that is definitely not normal 🙄

So i did the soap water test

Guess what ?

I found 2 tiny holes . They’re so small that u cant see with bare eyes. But big enough to escaped air




Patched the holes


There you go

Those are my thoughts and preference for air mattresses

Owh one last thing tho !

Tent size and shapes plays important roles for choosing which mattress we can use. If the shape, is like kuih koci type, then the thick (35cm) mattress wont fit nicely eventhough the width looks fine. I mean if only one mattress maybe can. But 2 of them will make ur tent veeery stretched . Trust me. I’ve learned through the hard way 🫣

As for today, i think I’ve settled down with the mobi portable air pad sleeping pad. 

2 double mattress (140cm) nicely fit the 6 of us


Hopefully this review can help u to choose the perfect air mattress for u and wont end up hoarding a pile of them like me 🤣




Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...